What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organizing Bookmarks into Folders

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have quite a few bookmarks. I want to organize bookmarks of a related general topic, e.g. "Nutrition," or "Science," - whatever, into folders. So, I create a folder, give it an appropriate name, but the bookmarks won't go into the folder. When I move the bookmark up to the folder, the folder slides away, up or down, rather than staying still and allowing the bookmark to go into the folder.

Can anyone please tell me how to make the bookmarks go into the folders?

It's easy enough to organize apps on the home screen into folders, I'd think it would be the same with bookmarks, but so far, for me, it isn't.

Thanks!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just tried to place several of my home screen bookmarks into a folder and had no problem at all. It worked exactly the same as placing regular apps in folders. I also tried placing apps and bookmarks in the same folder and that worked as well.
Placing bookmarks into existing app folders worked as well.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you try this in Safari, it works different.
First, tap the booknicon at the top left, next to the address bar. At the bottom, you´ll find "Edit". Select it. Then scroll to the bookmark you intend to put into a folder and tap it (not the red button, that would delete it). The next thing you´ll see is something like this:
image.jpeg

Tap the location, it will show you the folders you´ve created before. Select one of them, and tap "Done" at the bottom.

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I'll give it another go! It should be so easy, and no doubt it is when you know how.

I'll do more extensive searches before I post in future, too.

Most reactions

Latest posts