What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split keyboard not working?

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ones the split keyboard work for you guys? Mine is stuck on standard no mater what I do ???

Headblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tested this whilst replying to you, and no problems. If all else fails, restart the device (by holding the sleep/wake and home buttons simultaneously until the apple logo appears).

Sent from my 3rd Gen iPad using iPF app

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to be the one who asks the stupid question, but - are you on iOS 5? The split keyboard didn't show up until that version...

Marilyn

OP
D

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Sorry to be the one who asks the stupid question, but - are you on iOS 5? The split keyboard didn't show up until that version...

Marilyn

I'm on the new iPad' so yahhhh. And restarting didn't help :(

OP
D

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it was enabled originally in general --> keyboard. I tried turning it off, restarting and turning back on, but when i goto type in a window its still standard. Tried it on my wifes ipad with the same result. Is there somewhere else I set it other than general --> keyboard?

Headblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DroidHAM said:
it was enabled originally in general --> keyboard. I tried turning it off, restarting and turning back on, but when i goto type in a window its still standard. Tried it on my wifes ipad with the same result. Is there somewhere else I set it other than general --> keyboard?

Wait. Are you holding down the lower right virtual keyboard button until the options appear? It under the right shift key and has an arrow below it.

Headblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember to tap and hold it. Then tap split.

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works fine for me. I find it useless though, the keys are too small. Obviously they had to be smaller to split them, but not iPhone size... or you could have a couple settings...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK. Might have a solution for you. Try this...

image-916203323.jpg

Sorry. I see that solution has already been suggested above. Oh, well. At least you have a picture now.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:
OP
D

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ill try that now, this is my first apple device ;p

heltito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to go to settings/keyboard and turn split keyboard ON. Now you can do what everybody is suggesting.

Most reactions