What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split Keyboard For iPad [Concept]

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am already beginning a new book on the iPad. Using the keyboard as is. I have found that twonhours on the tap-typing app has gotten me up to 30WPM. Cut yourselves some slack on this new device. I think over time this is gonna be just fine.
Gratz on that speed!
  • You can take comfort in the fact that if we were to get this added functionality, you will not be forced to use it! You could certainly choose to stick to the current onehanded, or onefingered typing.
  • I imagine if I were forced to tie my legs together, and get around by hopping, I could do "just fine". But I would not prefer to stick to that handicap.
  • However, Apple has a very long history of being pretty stubborn about giving in to us on optional input methods. So coming up with rationalizations to make us feel better about the limited way that Apple allows, is often the only good choice left.

• For years and years and years, people begged for 2, or 3 button mouse capability on Apple computers.
  • People wanted the flexibility, and the industry standard capability that they could use on other systems. But Apple, being Apple, said
    "No... Just learn to do it our way. You will be 'just fine' with one button."
  • Apple DID allow the different devs to duplicate efforts and create their own multi button support for each of their programs.
  • Relatively recently, in Apple-years, We finally have some multibutton capability.

So no,I don't really expect to see this keyboard option.
Flexibility and options SHOULD be considered good things.
But I will be pleasantly surprised if we get this option.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts