What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virtual Keyboard in Landscape

larla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally love 3rd party virtual keyboards. Swype is my goto keyboard. I am much faster at swipe-typing than any other method. However, the keyboards are way too big in landscape mode. They take up too much of the screen vertically and for swipe-typing they are much too big horizontally.

I think that if the virtual keyboard were about 50% horizontally and 50% vertically of the existing landscape keyboard size (25% the area of existing keyboards), they would be perfect (for me).

I know you can split the Apple keyboard but that does not work for swipe-typing.

Do you think that IOS allows that type of customization of 3rd party keyboards?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've neither seen nor heard of one, so I doubt it. I suspect you'll have to restrict your swiping to portrait mode, which should be almost exactly the size you specified. At least for now.

Most reactions

Latest posts