What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW iPad iOS 5 Keyboard Feature SPLIT IT UP!

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCIOGo5658I]YouTube - ‪NEW iPad iOS 5 Keyboard Feature SPLIT IT UP! - iOS Vlog 439‬‏[/ame]​

Here's a new feature that will hopefully put your thumbs to a bit more rest. Now I've seen many Post-PC devices do close to the same thing and now Apple is onboard with this idea as well. The iPad screen is about 10-inches, that means that your thumbs would have to stretch a hell-of-a lot to press specific keys on the keyboard. iOS 5 has made it a bit easier, you can now split the keyboard up and to the sides so it is a similar size to the iPhone and iPod Touchs' keys. This may make type a bit easier but could also make you focus left and right a lot because of the gap. Either way using this method is not a MUST but it is a cool feature, stay tuned!

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was in the WWDC 2011 keynote. This is a must have feature IMO. I can't stand typing on the iPad right now.

Most reactions