What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speed test apps.

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello, the above name apps, I downloaded one of them. Is they show accurate results. Because some time I had network issues can its help to resolve. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The speed test app I use the most is OOKLA. I find it very easy to use. It gives quick results and stores this results so you can compare WiFi or cellular speeds at different locations or even at different areas of the same building, park, or other area.

You can compare the relative speeds of different networks and be able to choose the best one for your purposes.

Here's the App Store link. https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/speedtest.net-mobile-speed/id300704847?mt=8

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello, the above name apps, I downloaded one of them. Is they show accurate results. Because some time I had network issues can its help to resolve. Thanks.

Well not to be redundant about recommending the OOKLA speed test app, which I also use; BUT, your further question is whether such an app will help you resolve network issues - as to that point, the answer is no unless the app is more complex and has other features that monitor your network and its iPad connection.

So, please provide more information on your 'network issues'? Dave :)

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Giradman, sometime my wifi signal show full but when I browes its too slow i thing from internet provider so we use to call them. It the apps result is good then it's convenient to tell them that ur network run slow. Tks. All of u to advice.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Giradman, sometime my wifi signal show full but when I browes its too slow i thing from internet provider so we use to call them. It the apps result is good then it's convenient to tell them that ur network run slow. Tks. All of u to advice.

Hello again, keep in mind that your Wi-Fi signal (i.e. icon w/ the arc bars) may be full but you might still have a slow or even absent connection, so not of much help - this happens to me often using Time-Warner in the USA - thus, don't depend on simply looking at that icon.

The 'speed test' (whichever one you decide to use) will help if your browsing is slow, streaming video is interrupted, or if you are having other internet connection issues. Time-Warner (T-W), my ISP, really is my 'bottleneck' for internet speed, i.e. my average is about 20 Mbps, but I still occasionally get streaming disruptions; so if your DL (down load) speeds are dropping down to under 5 Mbps, then issues may certainly occur.

So, occasional monitor and keep a record of your DL speeds when the connection is good and when poor - might help. Also, if you are getting a poor or absent signal, then reboot your modem & router - I have to reboot my T-W router about twice a week because I just lose the signal. Good luck. Dave :)

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lot thanks for give me such use tips and explain me.

Kieran2001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear jaba123, I see you use tapatalk on your iPad. Would you like me to tell you how to change your signature to part of the message and be anything you want ( of course within the terms of service)?

Kind Regards,
Kieran (This message was sent from a iPad Air)

Most reactions

Latest posts