What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speed Test

oldertwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you please run a speed test on 3G and Edge and also post the name of the app you used.

Thank You

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Speed Test" and "SpeedtestX HD" are two good ones for the USA. What I get and you will get doesn't mean much, Speeds will vary by time of day, location of speedtest server, your signal strength, load on the celltower and many more variables. Best to compare with someone in your area near you.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To Oldertwin

Thank you for asking about speed testing. That got me curious. I use 'Speed Test' app. This is the free version.

The first line is outside a restaurant I had lunch.
The second line is inside the restaurant, they had free wifi.
The third, fourth, and sixth lines are at home on my wifi.
The fifth line is from the sanctuary at church (very weak signal)

I could not get an Edge test as you have to go about twenty miles outside of Fort Wayne, Indiana to get outside of ATT 3G coverage. My impression of Edge is that it is even slower than 3G. For me, this confirms why 3G is the venue of last resort! I hope this information helps.

3bacc45c.png

Most reactions

Latest posts