What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 Wifi N speed 1/2 of what it should be?

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
croswald said:
i have a 100mb internet connection from my isp . i get a constant 100mb.. all my pc and laptop achieve this connection except my ios devices

Phew in our dreams would we ever achieve broadband speeds like that, back to your query, should have mentioned you had WAN speeds like that, is your router definitely set to N only , not mixed?
When I tested the D-Link N router I , made sure it was N only and then discovered the router reported a 120Mb connection from my iPad3, I then tested locally and compared transfer rates to my own 55Mb router and it clarified the results.

croswald

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Phew in our dreams would we ever achieve broadband speeds like that, back to your query, should have mentioned you had WAN speeds like that, is your router definitely set to N only , not mixed?
When I tested the D-Link N router I , made sure it was N only and then discovered the router reported a 120Mb connection from my iPad3, I then tested locally and compared transfer rates to my own 55Mb router and it clarified the results.

yeah i pay $$$$!! for it though... but its worth it.. my isp provider is shaw cable.. and i have been very impressed with there service.. i have not had a day where i havent got 100mbs.. and not talking about speed test.. im talking actual dowload speed from http or ftp p2p etc...

they have 250mps but not in my area...

i will check my router it actualy might be mixed....

Most reactions