What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spanish ipad in the uk..

jimmychen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry if this seems really rushed but....just had my wife on skype complaining.we live in spain,she bought her ipad2 here.before she left to work in the uk for a few weeks,she downloaded itv player,and bbci.
now they wont work,i thought the uk ip adress she has over there would have permitted it but no.
does she have to redownload in the uk?
does her itunes have to be in the uk?
she is panicking now at the thought of no tv.
thanks for any pointers...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad Forum. Hope you enjoy your stay.

This is a guess, but I'm assuming that your wife has the international version of BBC iPlayer. She probably just needs to download the British version to use it in the UK, as it will pick up her British ip address and allowed media to be played.

I would assume she will have to go to the British App store to get the correct version, since iPlayer shouldn't be available overseas, as it won't work with a foreign IP.

I feel her pain. All those years of paying the licence fee, and now the Beeb won't let me in. Ah, well. I can always watch Mike Holmes on BBC Canada.

You'll probably get some better answers if you stick around long enough.

Good luck.

OP
J

jimmychen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the speedy response Kevin.Well she tried to redownload but it wouldnt allow it for some reason.so she is going to register a new itunes account and try again from scratch.

OP
J

jimmychen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well what a nightmare...surely a piece of kit like this,designed and aimed at a mobile/business sort of audience should be a bit easier to use when u actually take it with u somewhere.
creating multiple apple id's seems the only way,yet she cant change the payment option to "none" when creating a new one. of course her spanish card locks her to spain,she doesnt have the use of a pc, it seems like a multitude of obstacles are trying to stop her using the device for the reason she bought it.now i'm sure it could be something simple she's missing,but after googling for a good couple of hours,it seems shes not alone.
she's off to an apple store tomorrow and hopefully she'll get sorted.

Most reactions

Latest posts