What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FaceTime and IMessage problem

Kusadasi08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife is on holiday in Turkey and I am in the Uk, we can talk to each other on Skype, but cannot get FaceTime or I message to work, trying to contact her from the uk it just seems to ring and ring and ring. When trying to contact me from Turkey she just gets the message FaceTime failed after a couple of rings. Is there something I have missed in setting up these Ipad 2 s ? Can't work out why Skype works but FaceTime or I message does not. any help greatly appreciated.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you both on wifi? FaceTime doesn't work on 3G.

Also, you need to delete the AppleID email address from FaceTime in Settings on one of the iPads and replace it with another.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Same deal for iMessage. You need to change the "receive at" email address.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

OP
K

Kusadasi08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that, will have a look, but they worked when both in the UK, have had a friend try to contact using FaceTime with their iPad 3 to no avail. thanks for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts