What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorting my iTunes

sirandrewmuir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to be a bore but I'm puzzled as to how to sort my music on the computer and presumably on my iPad. I loaded virtually all my classical CDs using the view options of Artist composer and time. Most worked fine but for some inexplicale reason Bach's St Matthew Passion is all over the place. Is there a simple way to put all the movements back togeter in their right order or do I have to delete and start again. And once done will SYNC automatically fix it on the iPad.-

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What you need to do is go into the Get Info option for each track and click on the Info tab and make sure that ALL of the elements are identical (except for the name of course!)

itunes25.jpg

The easiest way to do this is to open up the first track and copy and paste the other elements into the other tracks. Also make sure that the track numbers are right because this is what determines in what order they play.

Good choice and good luck!

OP
S

sirandrewmuir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I can now see what has gappened- each track is associated not with the conductor but with the soloist and there are quite a few of those.

Most reactions