What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes music interface

Sferg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The organization of music in iTunes is dramatically altered and virtually worthless now. For example, if you organize your music by Genre, when you open the genre it shows alphabetically all the "songs" in that genre, not the artists. This is crazy. For example, if you open the Classical genre, the individual track listings of ALL your Classical music appear alphabetically, regardless of artist or work. So, for example, you open Classical and instead of seeing Bach, Beethoven, etc., you see twenty "adagios" -- with no idea what piece or composer they are from. Why would they do this to the tried and true iPod interface? More important, does anyone know of a way to get the old organization working? This is insane.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried clicking in the category column headers in succession to see if the choices change? Can you change the layout order of the columns?

OP
S

Sferg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, that doesn't work. In fact, there ARE no columns. There is nothingntomclick on you have no control of themorganization, unlike iTunes on computers and every kind of iPod.
Upon further exploration, I do notice that the songs seem to be listed in the order of the album they come from -- but without even listing the name of the artist or album.

I guess they never heard of the maxim "if it ain't broke...."

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah the music player is primitive and one of the things that needs updating. App store is another poor design. It will get better...this is version 1.0.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah the music player is primitive and one of the things that needs updating. App store is another poor design. It will get better...this is version 1.0.

I didn’t notice that as i use playlist … in iTunes and Iphone/Ipad

OP
S

Sferg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iVan, you are going to be disappointed. I have no idea why they would have used such a weak version of iTunes, but the iPad is NOT a good player for digital music -- and that was an important feature for me. I HOPE they'll upgrade it, at least to the existing versions of iTunes. By the way, I was also looking forward to an expanded view in Apple's "Remote" app for controlling music, but that hasn't been updated for iPad -- at least, not yet.

Most reactions