What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry if Posted Already, But How Do I "UnJailBreak" my iPad?

Juicexii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am on version 6.1 software and used the Evasion jailbreak today. I know it is perfectly okay, but feel a little funny about having it jail broken. I'd like to restre it, but have thus far been unsuccessful. I searched online a bit and saw this method:
1. Sync with iTunes via PC
2. Backup iPad
3. Restore backup, and should be at factory settings.
However, My software did not upgrade to 6.1.3 and I still have Cydia installed. Did I do something wrong? Is this the proper method, or did I miss something?
Again, sorry. I'm a n00b.
Sorry, just realized there is an option to "Restore" iPad. The only thing is that it says I may lose apps on device. They will be okay as long as I saved a backup right? I need to :
1. Restore iPad
2. Restore Backup
Should be okay then, right?

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, yes you should be fine if you restore with iTunes and then restore you back-up at the end of the process (iTunes will ask you if you want to do this).

The only thing to be aware of is that you will end up with 6.1.3 which cannot be jailbroken at this time, so you won't be able to change your mind again ;)

OP
J

Juicexii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay. Thanks for the help. I may keep the jailbreak for a few days to better see how I feel about it. At least I know my options. And I would be alright if unable to jailbreak for a while. I wouldn't go bak to factory settings unless I was sure anyway.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts