What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do i restore my backed up ios 4.3.3

rysktkr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently ran iFaith to try and dump my SHSH Blobs on my jail broke ios 4.3.3 ipad. Unfortunately, this put my ipad into recovery mode and itunes is now saying ,"You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes."

Prior to jailbreaking i did backup my ipad. I can see my backup by going through itunes->edit-preferences->devices. It is there.
I used Cedia to jailbreak and am hoping it saved my shsh blobs.

I have read a lot on the web that if you right click in itunes on the ipad you should see a "restore from backup" however it is not there. The only option I see is the restore button but I am very concerned that this might upgrade my ios to 4.3.5. This is using the latest itunes 10.4.1.10.

How can restore back to 4.3.3?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You did not say whether you have an iPad1 or iPad2. And, the backup you have has nothing to do with the jailbreak - that's just for backup of the information for you App Store apps and their info (mail info, contacts, etc.).

Regardless, read this link: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

Then, follow the steps in this link to install and run Tiny Umbrella. This is your first step because you need to see if you have SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3. If you don't have them, don't bother reading any farther, because you can't put iOS 4.3.3 back on your iPad. Ever. You'll have to restore your iPad to iOS 4.3.5, which you can just do through iTunes.

But, if following that first link reveals that you do have blobs for iOS 4.3.3, then read this link: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

Then, follow the steps exactly as outlined in that link. Exactly. It will guide you through putting iOS 4.3.3 back on your iPad so you can jailbreak it.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Marilyn

P.S. This is for you - but also for anyone else who's reading. iFaith ONLY works on the iPad1 - you cannot use it on the iPad2. So, please don't try it if you have an iPad2...

OP
R

rysktkr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn,

Unfortunately, I have an IPAD2 and used iFaith. Result of using it is that my ipad2 is now in DFU mode. I tried running tiny umbrella but get the following error, "Cannot Start TSS Service. DO NOT TRY RESTORING YOUR DEVICE!!! inetinfo.exe must be killed!!!". I tried killing the inetinfo.exe process but after killing it, it comes right back (never ending wack-a-mole). I'm using windows xp. Any ideas what to try next?

OP
R

rysktkr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I was able to get rid of inetinfo.exe by using the following from a previous poster poster below. I no longer get the error. However, TU does not see my device and it is connected via usb. I tried starting TSS server and it shows it is running but still no device shows up in left pane, just show all shshs. What should I try next?

Yes. you are running an Internet server in windows and it is using port 80. You need to shut down the server first.

Run the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetmgr.exe (XP Pro) or wherever you find it on other OS's.

Expand the node

Yourcomputername(local computer)
Web Sites
Default Web Site.

Highlight Default Web Site and click the Stop button in the toolbar or Rt click and select Stop.

Now you can start tinyumberella and will not get that message.

OP
R

rysktkr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK. I was able to restore my IOS4.3.3!!! phew.

For the benefit of those who also end up in this scary situation this is what I did.

I needed to get out of DFU mode. I used this video to accomplish this:
. This restored me back to IOS 4.3.3.

I then was able to backup my shshs per Marilyn's link above. Things are now well again. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions