What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

soon to be iPad owner, needing some advice and help

Nfs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, so i will be getting an iPad within the next month (fingers crossed), this will be my first iPad but i have had 2 previous iPhones which i love :)
i have a few questions, if anyone would be so kind to answer, i would appreciate it very much :)

so i think i will just buy the wifi only and get my hotspot set up on my iPhone, is there anyone with previous experience tell me how well this works?
i am going to college next year, and thinking of taking my iPad with me for note taking in class, can anyone recommend some good apps? (note taking and word processing) also i am finding it very hard to find a nice messenger bag with different compartments that will hold:
  • my iPad
  • a few folders/papers
  • pens and cables
i would like it to be a UK website if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

iPhoNettie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an app called Pages-similar to Microsoft's Word. There's also a native "Notes" app on the iPad (and iPhone).

As far as a messenger bag, try googling "Pac Safe". They sell different bags that are "anti-theft". They are great bags. I have the largest Metro Safe 200. It's great for travel as well as what you are looking for. Not sure where the company is located but check out their website. Just google "Pac Safe" - I can't post links yet.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought my bag from Staples, which exists in your country. It's a Targus, intended for a 10" notebook. As a bonus it will hold a BT Apple keyboard.

Tethering works very well, in my experience. Just make sure it's included in your contract as some carriers charge extra for the capability.

I find Pages indispensable. I know it costs, but it's $10 well spent IMO. GoodReader might be useful too. Couldn't say for sure as I don't have it, but I've seen plenty of people raving about it.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

You could also try one of our forum sponsors, ipadhut.co.uk

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend. If you can't find the answer you need and you post a question then give as much info as you can to help members help you i.e. iPad 1 or 2, iOS version and name of app if the problem is with a specific app........and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You can download the manual for your iPad here http://support.apple.com/manuals/ and in iBooks search for "iPad user guide for" and you will find free comprehensive manuals for both iOS 4 and 5.

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

The Archangel

OP
Nfs

Nfs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an app called Pages-similar to Microsoft's Word. There's also a native "Notes" app on the iPad (and iPhone).

As far as a messenger bag, try googling "Pac Safe". They sell different bags that are "anti-theft". They are great bags. I have the largest Metro Safe 200. It's great for travel as well as what you are looking for. Not sure where the company is located but check out their website. Just google "Pac Safe" - I can't post links yet.

they only ship to the US :( but thanks anyway :0 i've downloaded notes and it looks awesome :O

OP
Nfs

Nfs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my bag from Staples, which exists in your country. It's a Targus, intended for a 10" notebook. As a bonus it will hold a BT Apple keyboard.

Tethering works very well, in my experience. Just make sure it's included in your contract as some carriers charge extra for the capability.

I find Pages indispensable. I know it costs, but it's $10 well spent IMO. GoodReader might be useful too. Couldn't say for sure as I don't have it, but I've seen plenty of people raving about it.

i am not on contact with my iPhone, i will just ask apple to be sure when i'm buying my iPad.. yea i think i will go with pages also!

this is the kind of bag i am going for:

www.amazon.co.uk/STM-Bags-Scout-Small-Shoulderbag/dp/B003INXM1A/ref=pd_cp_computers_0

i
ts a bit pricey tho, i like all the compartments, but only thing is i think with 2 small front compartments things will fall out..

41VAn6oyBgL.jpg

41ejPhgkycL.jpg

81Sa7Bxk2BXL_AA1500_.jpg

OP
Nfs

Nfs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm sorry if those pictures are too big :/

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nfs said:
i am not on contact with my iPhone, i will just ask apple to be sure when i'm buying my iPad.. yea i think i will go with pages also!

this is the kind of bag i am going for:

www.amazon.co.uk/STM-Bags-Scout-Small-Shoulderbag/dp/B003INXM1A/ref=pd_cp_computers_0

i
ts a bit pricey tho, i like all the compartments, but only thing is i think with 2 small front compartments things will fall out..

That bag is pretty cool, I got something similar from Next, it wasn't designed as a computer bag but did the job and was £26. I'm not sure if you missed it in my earlier post but www.ipadhut.co.uk are one of he forum sponsors and have some really good stuff including bags at great prices.

The Archangel

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
image-960954177.jpg

image-109053905.jpg

image-3096047964.jpg

This is the bag I referred to above. Works for me, and isn't too bulky.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Most reactions

Latest posts