What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

someone bought this up in a post about apple products

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok i never really paid that much to what a person was useing at the coffee shop i go into in the morning for my cup of tea and sandwich ..

So today as i was ordering i started to look around the place and see what brand was the most one there.. does anyone what to take a guess there..

Apple laptops where biggest name brand there ..dell was second and hp was third and about 4 Ipad user in the group ..all the apple user are in one area and the rest are over the place ..it like the apple people are the biggest group of user in the place..

i did ask a few question about the ipad that was it ..most are waiting for the bugs to be worked out before getting it ..

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok i never really paid that much to what a person was useing at the coffee shop i go into in the morning for my cup of tea and sandwich ..

So today as i was ordering i started to look around the place and see what brand was the most one there.. does anyone what to take a guess there..

Apple laptops where biggest name brand there ..dell was second and hp was third and about 4 Ipad user in the group ..all the apple user are in one area and the rest are over the place ..it like the apple people are the biggest group of user in the place..

i did ask a few question about the ipad that was it ..most are waiting for the bugs to be worked out before getting it ..

Questions: 1. Where was this establishment located 2. What is the name of the establishment 3. How many people where in there total 4. What were the people who were using WiFi eating 5. What was the age group of the Apple users 6. What was the age group of the non Apple users On another note: I frequently go into the local Panera Breads in the Boston area and have never seen anyone using a macbook.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to be that guy with the Dell in the corner cursing because of something not working right-the Ipad has liberated me from the PC curse on all of my travels-work and personal.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in seattle and rarely see a mac in public. Frankly, i rarely see people working on laptops much at all at coffee shops. When I do see someone at starbucks, they are always peeking over the top of the screen looking at people more than looking at the screen doing anything on the laptop.

Quick side note: I went to lunch yesterday at a dim-sum place locally and was reading my fav authors new book on the IPad, laying flat on the icase so its not a big deal, and I had 4 people walk by and in low tones say, "look, an IPad"....When I go out to lunch, which is pretty infrequently, I do take a paperback, and never have this issue.

It was a little distracting and I could not concentrate enough to actually get some good reading in so we will see if I do it again.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in seattle and rarely see a mac in public. Frankly, i rarely see people working on laptops much at all at coffee shops. When I do see someone at starbucks, they are always peeking over the top of the screen looking at people more than looking at the screen doing anything on the laptop.

Quick side note: I went to lunch yesterday at a dim-sum place locally and was reading my fav authors new book on the IPad, laying flat on the icase so its not a big deal, and I had 4 people walk by and in low tones say, "look, an IPad"....When I go out to lunch, which is pretty infrequently, I do take a paperback, and never have this issue.

It was a little distracting and I could not concentrate enough to actually get some good reading in so we will see if I do it again.

Don't blame the iPad for being a celebrity!

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a local joint up in Modesto Ca .. i stop in there for the morning around 5.30.am every morning .. most of the people are college kids going to there eating and getting ready for there first class of the day ..for it has the early bird special of sandwich and cup of coffee for a $.1.75. from the time the doors open at 5.am to the 7.30.am ..so a lot of the local college kids come in a grab a bite to eat them at time... the snadwich is not bad ..iam not a coffee drinker i am a more a hot tea type of person ..

the three other Ipads where in the hands of a middle age people who i think bought them after me and the another person in the area after they saw my ipad and explained and showed the them how easly the unit was to work along with the easly O.S system to learn and use

it has two groups of people in the place ..the old folks who come in and sit in one area and talk and the other area where it a changeing group of younger people on there way to the college a few blocks down the street.. the older folks sit outside and in one spot and the college kids are on one side of counter and table and booth units that run the length of the unit with them doing there things on the laptop and talking to each other at class ..the first class starts around 7.am there at the college and it a some type of heavy duty engineering class and the other area is for the people who come in from work or going to work type and order and leave..

Last edited:

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Quick side note: I went to lunch yesterday at a dim-sum place locally and was reading my fav authors new book on the IPad, laying flat on the case so its not a big deal, and I had 4 people walk by and in low tones say, "look, an IPad"....When I go out to lunch, which is pretty infrequently, I do take a paperback, and never have this issue.

It'll take a while for the iPad to get old on peoples minds, but before too long you will be able to do your lunch time reading without any disruptions.

Cya

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so what type of korean joint is it.. most of the places i go to are out of the way little coffee shops places i found by just pokeing around in the area that we stay in.. i found this great little place down in the L.A area just outside of Studio city down there and it pretty nice little shop there.. plus you see a few stars comeing in if your are early enough there to be there before the studio call sheet ..

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stopped at a Starbucks in Fresno yesterday morning and saw one person using an iPad, a few using Apples, one on a 17-inch and some Dells. I would say most on Apple products

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
most of the older people that i see there are not really what you call the computer guys ..most are retired guys who come in and sit and talk about everything under the sun ..along with the college kids there are more for the free Wifi set with a cup of coffee before class ..so the people who hang out there with the computer are more of the college age people ..

when i first bought the unit into the place on that tuesday morning .a couple of the older guys who sit next to the table spot i like to set at .saw me playing with and they started to ask me questions about it and was that the thing that everyone was talking about in the news.. i would show them how easly it was to use and then i would let them play with for a second or two and then it was the question ..does the apple store in Modesto open at 9.am or 10 pm this morning ..i told them i really do not know that i allways go in in the afternoon .. i think that the apple company should give a number to tell the sales person about the sale we made for them and they give us in store credit for the next thing we buy from apple products..

so most of the people who i seen useing the unit have been my age group of 40 to 55 area of the ages ..like the one guy said it so easly i can understand it it simple to use ..that the selling point for a lot of the older people iam starting to see with them ..

Most reactions

Latest posts