What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some New iPad Users Complaining of Poor Wi-Fi Reception

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
New_iPad_wi_fi.JPG

AppleInsider reports today on a thread that it has noticed on Apple’s Support Communities website, where lots of users are complaining about issues and problems that they are having with the Wi-Fi signal on their new iPads. Some of the posters on the thread are saying that where they used to get a strong Wi-Fi signal, they now only have a weak signal, or in some cases, no signal at all. AppleInsider notes that some of the posters have also carried out their own comparison tests with their iPhone or MacBook Pro in a particular location, and have found that while the other devices have a strong signal in the location, the new iPad either has a weak signal, or no signal at all. Interestingly, one of the complainants on the thread said that they had taken their new iPad back to Best Buy because of the Wi-Fi connectivity problem, and that when they took the replacement iPad home, it had none of the Wi-Fi problems of the faulty model. AppleInsider also notes that in tests carried out by Speedtest.net, the new iPad had half the throughput of other iOS devices.

Source: Users complain of weak Wi-Fi reception with Apple's new iPad

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Interestingly enough I had the same issue with my new iPad three. In my case it all started when I activated my Verizon LTE service my speed net test resulted in a dramatic crawl in speed so I call back Verizon and they suggested I reset my settings so going into general settings reset network settings and when I started again everything worked fine now.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's my speed test on my iPad three inside the house running on U-verse I will be very interested to see how your results are if you can post them please,

image-3141981256.jpg

I used to be all thumbs now I'm all gums I love dictating my posts!

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could it possibly be a software issue because my iph4 and ip2 are having similar issues! Yesterday I changed classrooms for one of my discussions and it was right by a receiver but it took the whole period to connect and then it was at half speed. Also, none of my apple devices (plus tv) will connect to my home network. Other computers in apt connect without qualm. 5.1.1?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I feel another iOS update coming soon!! iOS 5.102???

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Checked both my me iPad a my 1st gen iPad on my home wifi. Both had near identical results given several speedtest.net runs.

Cheers

I do notice my "bars" on wifi tend to fluctuate more on the 3rd gen than I remember my first gen indicating in the house. ?

Cheers

santosusana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zipur said:
Interestingly enough I had the same issue with my new iPad three. In my case it all started when I activated my Verizon LTE service my speed net test resulted in a dramatic crawl in speed so I call back Verizon and they suggested I reset my settings so going into general settings reset network settings and when I started again everything worked fine now.

Hi, well, I'm having also problem with the wi-fi connection. I check with my MacBook and the net is a quite strong, but with the iPad is a quit weak or even nothing. And sometimes, if I'm making a video call by Skype, the connection gets really bad sometimes, even with my router 3 meters from me....
Do you think that the network set will solve me also that? I didn't want to make without sure, because I have too many networks configured already...
Thanks a lot,
Susana

santosusana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I just have really problem with wi-fi. My battery never got hot until now, and the rest works just really good....

splatterzone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wife and I both bought iPad 3 wifi only 16Gb. For what's it worth I bought a black one and she got a white. My wifi was terrible and hers was great. After several days of suffering, I exchanged mine for a white one and it works great now. Probably had a run of bad cards at a particular factory.

Most reactions

Latest posts