What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Who is Getting 10 Hours Battery Life?

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I have measured it I get around 12-16 hours depending on the game time, but I usually recharge around 40%. Last week I did what Apple recommends to charge completely then use the iPad until the battery was depleted and I was forced to recharge.

I charged to 100% on Thursday and removed the charger at 3PM. I used the iPad for games (I played a lot of Infinity Blade), Netflix, browsing, reading on Kindle app, Flipboard, and NYT app. In all I used the iPad a minimum of 5 hours per day but much more on Saterday. I also bought several of the EA games that were on sale and played those.

The iPad finally forced me to shutdown and recharge around 4AM Monday, or 85 hours after the charge. It took about 6 hours to fully charge back up.

I probably used the iPad for a total of 18 hours at that point.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't like the brightness at anything but 100% ~ the brightest. That was one of the main things I first loved about the iPad.

Do you use the iPad outdoors or in a very brightly lit room? Honestly I turn my iPad almost all the way down and leave it there. I just turned it to 100% and it is like staring into high beam headlights, and I am in a brightly lit room.

I wonder if some iPads got display panels that are significantly brighter than others. :confused:

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The brightness appeared to be about 60% but was also on automatic so I am not sure what that really means.

As someone said 100% is very bright. This is possibly for outdoor use.

I have set it manual and 25% which seems quite adequate. I could actually work with "0%" (which is not actually 0% of course) I think.

Given the strong response, I wonder whether I am using the iPad for longer per day than I think. There is certainly someone else in the house would agree:).

As long as it lasts out the day I would be happy to recharge every night, except that it would mean a battery life time of about 3 years, which is a little short.

Last edited:

minus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery life for me has been over 10 hrs, but it depends. If you're doing heavy duty "GAMING" then it will not likely last anywhere near that long ;) Such as infinity blade.

l..k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am over 10h, doing only mail and www. WIFI only.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I am impatient because I rarely let my iPad run down too far so I keep it "topped off" even if it only gets down to 60-70%. I do let it fully run down periodically and fully recharge it every couple of weeks. I would have to say that I am easily getting 10+ hours of use from a charge.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My problem may be due MultiTasking.

I have changed my Mail accounts to not Push and to update manually.

I am also closing down all tasks every day. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to completely shut Apps down when you are finished with them, now that we have MultiTasking.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 12-15 hours of battery. Wifi the whole day, push notification are turn on. Brightness all the way to 0%. (still too bright for me)

Marie, how could you do it? up to 100%?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I Get At Least 10 hours..

I can actually go two days before I get close to 20% battery left. The only thing I get push info is the Lottery App and the CNBC/FN app--this one is giving late breaking news only when the New York Stock Exchange is Open. I get mail only when I launch my app.

I have my brightness turned down to 33% and I'm thinking that is still too bright. At that brightness level, the iPad is like a glow light and helps me navigate in a darkened room.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My problem may be due MultiTasking.

I have changed my Mail accounts to not Push and to update manually.

I am also closing down all tasks every day.

I don't think that is the issue either. I currently have 8 Apps "idling" in the background which is about my average. I also use full time push on my email, calendar Apps (2 of them) and a few other Apps.

I typically go two to three days between charges with around 5 to 8 hours of usage per day.

If you are only getting 5 hours between charges, I suggest you contact Apple support or take it to an Apple Store. Don't settle for a defective iPad, find out if there is something that can be done to improve it.

Most reactions

Latest posts