What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Verizon is better than AT&T?

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like choice.

Rather have a better provider than stuck with a crappy one. Why should I buy a phone I REALLY want, only to get frusterated and wate my money on sub-par service?

For some people, choice is good. AT&T may be great in your area,and verizon sucks. Or visa-versa

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now that we have chosen sides, you all want to discuss Fl***? JUST kidding! It is a toss up here in Fort Wayne. Both carriers deliver excellent coverage. I wish AT&T would get its corporate act together and start increasing their share holder value like Verizon seems to do every year.

slim gravy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AT&T has never dropped a call, great service everywhere I have been. iPhone sucked for signal too. Android fixed that perfectly.
Love hearing all the sheep get led to Verizon, go get your iPhone there, and when you miss calls because your using gps, or your on a call and need to pull info from the net, oh I'm sorry I'll have to call you back mr client... Yup go buy into that crap, it's crippled right out of the box. I don't know why anyone on Verizon or sprint would buy a 1/2smart phone...

slim gravy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then they will throttle your usage for the rest of the billing cycle too...if you hit the limit... Have fun.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well ~ tell us how you really feel, Slim.:)

lol. I guess once you have felt the dark side of Verizon once or twice it tends to make you a little jaded. I am pretty much stuck with them, but I have a hard time being objective about them as well. Oh well, we probably can find horror stories about any cell carrier with not too much research.

FunN4Lo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I travel to different parts of the country for meetings, conventions, vendor shows etc. My company cohorts are primarily AT&T iphonies. I am on Verizon with a Droid. I am constantly asked to borrow my phone because they can't make a call. I have never had to ask for theirs for the same reason.
A few weeks back we were manning a booth at a vendor show in a convention center measured in sq miles rather than sq feet. The 2 iphones with me cannot be away from facebook for more than 5 minutes at a time and they could not get on. They asked the booth next door. They (iPhones) could not get on. There was panic. They were going to run to the operations center so an announcement could be made that fb was down. I let the panic escalate until just before permanent health problems arose and then let them get on fb on my Verizon Droid

slim gravy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol.. I love my iPad, I hated my iPhone. Well truth be told I thought I loved it... Till you try to do anything useful, like attach something in an email...*roll eyes* copy and paste, which they did fix, bravo...
When i switched to android, and found out there is no way to copy contacts, to sim, Bluetooth, to vcard, nothing... I vowed to to discourage anyone thinking of getting one, and then add in the no data and voice...ugh... I moved back to my home town and only have Edge, no 3G, and it sucks being out and about off wifi, knowing I can't do anything data heavy for fear of missing a call...but have 3G all around me. It was quite a change coming from a 3G area, and couldn't figure out why everyone said they only got my vm and phone never rang. Also sitting at my desk with iPhone, I got two bars to no service, android I'm full signal and no robotic voice...

My only gripe with AT&T, is the 4g push before they have 3G everywhere... I have unlocked hspa in my phone, and got 5mb down & 3 up... Sick! No iPhone can do that!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I travel to different parts of the country for meetings, conventions, vendor shows etc. My company cohorts are primarily AT&T iphonies. I am on Verizon with a Droid. I am constantly asked to borrow my phone because they can't make a call. I have never had to ask for theirs for the same reason.
A few weeks back we were manning a booth at a vendor show in a convention center measured in sq miles rather than sq feet. The 2 iphones with me cannot be away from facebook for more than 5 minutes at a time and they could not get on. They asked the booth next door. They (iPhones) could not get on. There was panic. They were going to run to the operations center so an announcement could be made that fb was down. I let the panic escalate until just before permanent health problems arose and then let them get on fb on my Verizon Droid

Well, now you can get an iPhone and have the benefit of a far superior phone AND the ability to use it wherever you want!

FunN4Lo

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well, now you can get an iPhone and have the benefit of a far superior phone AND the ability to use it wherever you want!

Except for that pesky flash thing. The 2 sites I need for my main business functions require flash. I have to keep the Droid to run back up for iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts