What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Verizon is better than AT&T?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is better to have Verizon on our iPhones ( well, YOUR iPhone ) and iPads rather than AT&T?

Why? Why is everyone excited about iPhones coming out with Verizon?

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Around here Verizon has MUCH better coverage than ATT which makes them more appealing. I wish there was a better option because I have never had more problems and worse customer service with any company than Verizon, but I am basically stuck with them. Life is good for cell phone companies no matter the name I guess.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Verizon is much better in areas around us also. We've had Verizon for a number of years and its been dependable with little issue. Last Spring when I bought the Ipad Verizon offered the Palm Pre Plus with free mobile hot spot so I bought the wifi 64 GB and later we added a 32 GB wifi. Due to the success we have when we use the mobile hot spot (in honesty, not as often as one would think since free wifi is offered so many places in our area--more likely to be used when we travel or in car) i'll strongly consider a 3/4G Ipad with Verizon when we replace ours--not the Ipad 2 though.

Diane.

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AT&T is better coverage here, but personally I won't go with either one. They are both too expensive. But if I had to go with one it would be Verizon.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had att years ago and it was the worst experience ever! Horrible customer service dropped calls all the time breaking up audio bad reception...it was a nightmare! It was actually my first cell carrier so I didn't know any better, I just thought cell phones sucked! Got in verizon about 6 years ago and it's great! Call quality is clear, I can count on one hand how many calls ive dropped, customer service is exceptional...and my new iphone works great!!!

Def do yourself a favor and get off att!

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just glad to have a choice. My entire family is on Verizon and I am on ATT with my iPhone.

When my contract is up in June I'll be heading back to Verizon.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My boss told me tonight, Verizon has the best coverage in the area I'm going to along the border in TX.

Plus, Verizon didn't want a deposit, and AT&T wanted $500. Weird.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plus, Verizon didn't want a deposit, and AT&T wanted $500. Weird.

Well that's good. Is there still a two year contract though?

I heard yesterday that with the iPhone, there are two popular features that won't work, if you go to Verizon. I forget what they were....

Wonder if that's true?

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app that helps you locate a phone booth because your iPhone on AT&T is such unreliable garbage. It doesn't work on the Verizon phone because it's not needed. :D

On the serious side, Verizon's iPhone's are not world phones, they are on CDMA while AT&T carries their signal on GSM.

BBSean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those of us that are very happy with ATT coverage, speed, and service, hearing that people will be switching is music to our ears. If your not happy, consider the switch. That only opens up more bandwidth for us ATT users!

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPhone ever since they came out on ATT - never had an issue - except when I am sitting at my desk at work, which is okay since they don't want us using our personal phones anyway and they provide me with a Blackberry (Verizon, of course). The new 3G iPad is with ATT also - no issues. I will not change to Verizon, so I will ditto BBSean, ya'll go ahead and change over, won't bother me at all.

Chiky

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One reason alone makes at&t better, being able to surf internet and use voice at the same time. I understand the gripes with at&t but u are able to do more with that iphone vs. Verizon one.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would think it depends upon the area/city you live in. Competition is good for us with 2 choices now. Let's not turn this into Apple vs. PC or Canon vs. NIkon, 2 stupid competitions I'm very familiar with LOL

Diane

Most reactions

Latest posts