What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart cover frustration

projectsherv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I bought the smart cover but does anyone else think that it's a bit annoying to have on while using the iPad? It's wont just stay flat behind the iPad it's always folding up or moving. Just wanting to see some other opinions on this.

MikeVB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have it and I like it very much -- particularly the auto-sleep mode -- but it's hard to argue with you. There is something awkward about it folded over flat on the back. It's just missing a unitized solid tautness and makes me feel as if I'm handling two completely separate components. They ARE in fact two separate components but I'd bet dollars to donuts Apple would have liked me to say it doesn't feel so. Not the case (no pun intended).

I guess I can just remove it when I'm free-handling it but hell, I DID pay $70 for it now didn't I? I'm more slightly annoyed (maybe the better word is "chagrined") than frustrated, but yes, don't feel like the Lone Ranger on this one.

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
projectsherv said:
Ok so I bought the smart cover but does anyone else think that it's a bit annoying to have on while using the iPad? It's wont just stay flat behind the iPad it's always folding up or moving. Just wanting to see some other opinions on this.

At first I was perplexed, then I just folded it in half, in the back, while using my iPad. Works much better this way.

Most reactions

Latest posts