What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

slide show or portfolio app

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need an app where I can load some photos (or a key note presentation) and hand the iPad to a client and let them swipe their way back and forth thru a series of images. Or I can just set the slide show to play and it plays in a loop.

iPhoto doesn't quite do as it doesn't loop (or I can't figure out how to make it loop) and once the slide show is over it goes back to where people can access my other images.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
CM

sortshots

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slideshow/portfolio app

Hi CM,

There is an for that - Sort Shots - iPad Edition.

Great for showing off your portfolio and will play a slideshow (even rearrange the order of your slides). website: sortshots.com for more info.

CT

rjensen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sort Shots with Folders?

I have Sort Shots and it shows promise for arranging photos the way you want them, which the native Apple iPad Photos app does not. But I don't see how to either create or use folders of photos with it. I have 9040 photos in 100 folders of our travels to various countries, etc. on the iPad in its Photos app. I have inserted slides with text descriptions and some scanned postcards (aerial views, etc.). Of course, the Photos app has these all scrambled out of order. Sort Shots has promise for putting them in order, but I don't see how to have 100 folders in Sort Shots. In fact I don't see how to even have 2 folders in Sort Shots. If I try to download them using the iTunes transfer method (which works great for photos within a folder), I can't get it to download a folder at a time from my PC. iTunes only allows me to download individual photos, not folders.
Am I missing something here? I can't imagine that Sort Shots only works as one massive folder with all your photos in it, not separated into named folders.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
CMFox, the repeat setting is here:

Settings | Photos. Then turn Repeat On (and I would assume Shuffle Off)

pico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhoto doesn't quite do as it doesn't loop (or I can't figure out how to make it loop) and once the slide show is over it goes back to where people can access my other images.

You set the slide show to loop under Settings -> Photos -> Repeat [off/on]

Soldevi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not free like Photos is, but there's one called "Portfolio for iPad" that may do what you want.

andykeating

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.isol.co.in
I have Sort Shots and it shows promise for arranging photos the way you want them, which the native Apple iPad Photos app does not. But I don't see how to either create or use folders of photos with it. I have 9040 photos in 100 folders of our travels to various countries, etc. on the iPad in its Photos app. I have inserted slides with text descriptions and some scanned postcards (aerial views, etc.). Of course, the Photos app has these all scrambled out of order. Sort Shots has promise for putting them in order, but I don't see how to have 100 folders in Sort Shots. In fact I don't see how to even have 2 folders in Sort Shots. If I try to download them using the iTunes transfer method (which works great for photos within a folder), I can't get it to download a folder at a time from my PC. iTunes only allows me to download individual photos, not folders.
Am I missing something here? I can't imagine that Sort Shots only works as one massive folder with all your photos in it, not separated into named folders.

[FONT=&quot]you are not missing anything..but why sort through multiple photo albums when you can use tags??It [/FONT][FONT=&quot]is the easiest way to Sort, Sequence and Share your photographs.. :):) [/FONT]

andykeating

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.isol.co.in
I need an app where I can load some photos (or a key note presentation) and hand the iPad to a client and let them swipe their way back and forth thru a series of images. Or I can just set the slide show to play and it plays in a loop.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
CM

hi..Sort shots will be best option for you..You can play Slideshow with music also & there are some more gr8 features like you can tag your pics.Tagging options include personalized keywords, ratings, favourites etc.Tapping on a tag provides instant results so that we can further refine our search with additional tags and keywords. :) :)

Most reactions