What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky TV

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all and seasons greetings!
I have a sky account and have watched the tv service on my pc when catching up on a programme I missed. Yet on the iPad I seem to have trouble. I have loaded SkyGo and sign in, yet cannot watch anything...it was Sky1 that I was after. When I click on the watch Live tab I just get programme info popping up! Any ideas what I may be missing?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

cailean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is you iPad jailbroken? They are blocking the video (except sky news) to any jailbroken devices.

From what I have read, this has started since Sky released the Android version of the app which was meant for only 6 devices and suddenly discovered that devices that they do not support (which were rooted)
have been using the app. Since then they have been blocking the video to any jailbroken or rooted devices.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
cailean said:
Is you iPad jailbroken? They are blocking the video (except sky news) to any jailbroken devices.

From what I have read, this has started since Sky released the Android version of the app which was meant for only 6 devices and suddenly discovered that devices that they do not support (which were rooted)
have been using the app. Since then they have been blocking the video to any jailbroken or rooted devices.

Since the OP's question was posed back in December, I'm going to assume he resolved it.

For info, SkyGo works perfectly well on JB devices today. I am a regular user across all my devices, all of which are jailbroken, and I've noticed no such problem so far ;)

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Since the OP's question was posed back in December, I'm going to assume he resolved it.

For info, SkyGo works perfectly well on JB devices today. I am a regular user across all my devices, all of which are jailbroken, and I've noticed no such problem so far ;)

Are you sure? As of yesterday I can't access sky go on any of my devices, it just says "Video unavailable, unknown error-please restart app if this error persists or try again later" if you restart you get the same message.

Update: on sky's twitter account they are now saying that Jailbroken devices are not supported due to to a breach to contractual providers

Last edited:

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sky go on Ipad only has movies and some sky atlantic programmes nothing else is available no matter what.
Hope that helps though if you like me you will be pretty pissed off at that

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bummer. I last used it on Sports on Saturday. Guess they finally caught up with us jailbreakers... I'll have a look when I get back home, but take you word for it that it has changed now.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Bummer. I last used it on Sports on Saturday. Guess they finally caught up with us jailbreakers... I'll have a look when I get back home, but take you word for it that it has changed now.

Yeah sucks huh, I think it's a bit out of order though as its our device and we should be able to do what we want, it's not like we can get free sky just because we're Jailbroken, hell we can't even use displayout to show it on a big screen!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully xCon will be updated to resolve the issue. It looks as though it is part way there already as with xCon installed you no longer get the error mesages (but the stream still does not play). Fingers crossed for a speedy fix.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Hopefully xCon will be updated to resolve the issue. It looks as though it is part way there already as with xCon installed you no longer get the error mesages (but the stream still does not play). Fingers crossed for a speedy fix.

Hmm that's weird with xcon installed I still get the error messages! Maybe because it knows that it's Jailbroken already so sort of 'remembers'

cailean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also tried xcon. But it doesn't work yet. I have sent him an email asking if he can add support for Sky Go to xCon

Most reactions

Latest posts