What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV won't display titles for ripped programs

Alan Sh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has only appeared since Ios 12 - and I have 12.0.1 on now with the same issue.

If I copy a video file using synios) to the TV Programmes area, the TV program won't display the titles below the icon (which is itself blank). If I copy the same file to the Moves area, the title displays below the icon.

This only happens to MP4's that I have ripped from DVDs that I own. If I copy files which I have downloaded from the BBC, everything displays correctly in the TV programmes area.

I have checked (as far as I can) all the tags, but I cannot see anything obvious which is missing.

If I try and do this using iTunes, that program won't even import my ripped MP4's.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?

Thanks

Alan

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting the software you're using and then reinstalling it?

OP
A

Alan Sh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have. And the problem arose when I upgraded to IOS 12 for files which were already there - so I think it's an issue with the TV App.

My solition has been to use a different program - not the IOS TV App.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It’s likely your problems were caused by the developer not updating his program to be compatible with iOS 12.

Most reactions

Latest posts