What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky Player - Needs Microsoft Silverlight?

Richard10002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Just tried to subscribe and start Sky Player on the iPad 1. Says it needs me to install Microsoft Silverlight, and Microsoft instructions say it needs Mac 10 version of the OS Intel based.

Has anybody either got Sky Player working, or Silverlight installed?

Or is there a workaround like iSwifter for Flash?

Many Thanks,

Richard

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Just tried to subscribe and start on the iPad 1. Says it needs me to install Microsoft Silverlight, and Microsoft instructions say it needs Mac 10 version of the OS Intel based.

Has anybody either got Sky Player working, or Silverlight installed?

Or is there a workaround like iSwifter for Flash?

Many Thanks,

Richard

I downloaded the Sky app direct from the iPad's native App Store - didn't involve my PC at all. It works fine - no problems. Don't go the PC/iTunes sync route - there's no need.

I notice too that you mention 'subscribing' - the app is free at the App store at present - unless it's changed since yesterday.

Hope you get it working - let us know how you get on.

It's a great app - graphics are great - even on the iPad1 that I have too.

Tim
Scotland

Anfield800

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sky Player is something different from the Sky app. As far as I know, it can't be done on an iPad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sky Player is something different from the Sky app. As far as I know, it can't be done on an iPad.

Doh! - Tim screws up again..I can feel another demotion to sub-moderator in the offing.

Thanks for pointing this out.....

I must remember to think before hitting the 'Submit Reply' button...must think..must think....

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts