What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shut Down Timer Help Please

why

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot find the Clock App ( like the one that came w iPhone) that allows me to set a timer and tell the iPad to shut down. I listen to radio stations that do not have a "timer" option so I beep to find an app for this. On the iPhone I can set for x minutes while falling asleep. Need to be able to do this on Pad Need help. Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the iPad does not come with the clock app as does the iPhone. Sorry.

I don't use an alarm clock app, but I know there are a lot in the App Store. Maybe someone else can chime in with a recommendation of an app they are using and like.

Marilyn

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use iHandy's AlarmClockFree cos I'm cheap, but the paid version appears to do what you want, according to the advertising on my phone anyway.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the TuneIn app to see whether your stations are there (there are stations from worldwide). TuneIn has a timer. 99 cents, great ratings for the pro version. There's a free one, too, if you want to try.

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can certainly recommend TuneIn Radio, & it does have a sleep timer

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm with Kevin. I'm cheap too but I did upgrade to the pro and that gives access to your own music too. I've used this since 2009. Brilliant little app. I also use Tunein as well. I love alarms, that's all I'm saying lol.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm with Kevin. I'm cheap too but I did upgrade to the pro and that gives access to your own music too. I've used this since 2009. Brilliant little app. I also use Tunein as well. I love alarms, that's all I'm saying lol.

Hayles, How would Tunein allow you to "access your own music?" Can you shed some light? I don't even know Tunein Pro has this feature and couldn't find it anywhere.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was referring to ihandys alarm clock pro. Sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts