What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Timer app

andresmejia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi fellas: I was wondering if there is a "timer app". Ie, an app that can be set to turn off after a specified number of minutes my iPad and fall asleep while listening to a long podcast or music. I have searched the app store but have not neen able to find one that does thisparticular job.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked before. I searched the site but could not find a clear reference or answer.

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use The Clock App. It has a timer function that can be set to put the ipod to sleep after a set period of time. It works well.

OP
A

andresmejia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the clock app?, is it built in in ios5?. Where can I find it?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For podcasts, the Downcast app ($1.99, with good reviews) has a timer feature. There's a bunch of other features, which I've not explored.

If you like audiobooks, the Audible app has a timer feature, too.

Wizee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Timer+. In the App Store, Free. Works for me. I use it for wash, dryer, napping.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The clock app did not come stock on the iPads. It only came on the iPhones and the iPods.

So, unfortunately, finding a solution that'll work for you is a matter of looking in the App Store. Sorry.

Marilyn

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The clock app did not come stock on the iPads. It only came on the iPhones and the iPods.

So, unfortunately, finding a solution that'll work for you is a matter of looking in the App Store. Sorry.

Marilyn

The Clock App is actually the name of the app that I use. It is an iPad app found in the App Store. Works well for me.

OP
A

andresmejia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are plenty of apps to " wake up" the iPad, but not that much to turn off the iPad - that really work, I mean. Yes, the clocl app is great, my kids iPods have it, but not the iPad as correctly pointed out. I downloaded yesterday an ap called " sleep timer" ( what a name, huh?) and it works by setting an off waiting time to stop music/podcast playing and then the iPad will shut off as set in general settings.

Most reactions