What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Showing off / Bragging rights

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help me pleassse.

What is the best app game whatever to show uff my new little baby ?
Every time I have tried upto now all I have got are yawns and yeah
yeah cannot tell the difference from people and I must admit it really
is pissing me off.

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Asphalt 6 looks pretty good, although hubby has now walked off with the ipad2 so I can't fully compare!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know what you mean. The iPad is such an incredible piece of equipment that sometimes I just want to shake people gently by the throat and scream at them for passing it off as just another tech gadget. I mean, just look at it. It's almost unbelievable that it can do all the things that it does. One of the prices of progress, I suppose.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you download one of the free books for iBooks 2? Those look great. Also, if you have Pages or Keynote, they look great too. You probably need a high res game if you really want to impress people, though. Me, I could care less about what others think...I bought this for ME...my eyes. Others can go blind if they wish... :)

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're in the uk, the sky sports app is impressive. You can really see the difference. Whether us F1 fans agree about sky taking coverage is for another time :)

Sadly too slow to get up and watch the F1 in Melbourne but looking forward to using the companion app through the year..

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you want to show off get one of the high res games that run on ipad 3 at full resolution.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
The fact I even have an iPad is enough to drop jaws in my part of town. (saying that, my town's so backward people still have sapia vision tv!)

The most impressive and fun and interactive app I show peeps to show off my device is PhotoBooth

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would just open a number of the best looking apps one after the other, then when you are showing it off do the four finger swipe between those apps, it'll impress them!

I just watched Something For The Weekend on the BBC and they reviewed the new iPad , the line the reviewer used right at the end was "the most famous rectangle in the world", great line.

The Archangel

marlenedegrood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Put some really stunning hi res photos on it. I put some photos taken with my iPhone 4S on the iPad 3 and it blows people away .... rightly so :)

Headblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anything Apple updated and or announced on the day they announced the new iPad are great show off pieces, although many are fairly expensive, like the iWork suite, and iPhoto. I've been using Starwalk also.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Headblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zman said:
Try Pocket Pond. It's free too :)

App Store - Pocket Pond

Thanks for the app suggestion!
Btw, how do you get the link as text without the entire URL showing? Are you posting from the iPad app, because I don't see an option for that?

Sent from my 3rd Gen iPad using iPF app

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the app suggestion!
Btw, how do you get the link as text without the entire URL showing? Are you posting from the iPad app, because I don't see an option for that?

Sent from my 3rd Gen iPad using iPF app

You are welcome :eek:

Using my Vaio laptop, I just copy and paste the entire link from the website here and it does that automagically.

Most reactions

Latest posts