What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show facetime on my LG Television

Tikiman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to know how to get facetime showing on my tv. I was wondering if I connected my charging cable to the ipad and then to the usb port on my tv if it would show up the content showing on the ipad. I also understand that the charging cable may just be that and would not transmit data and also.the charging port on the ipad may also be just that and not allow any data to be downloaded.
My television set does not have anything showing that supports apple.
All answers would be appreciated. This is a new device for me and I have never owned any apple products before. The device is an apple air 2 ipad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are Lightning to HDMI cable adaptors available. If your TV has an HDMI input, this would be the easiest way stream or mirror to the TV. There are also cables for the older analog TV inputs. Can’t remembe the proper name right now. Both can be found on the Apple Store.

You could also stream or mirror to the TV wirelessly, but you need an Apple TV for that (and an HDMI input).

It is possible to stream or mirror the iPad’s screen to a computer using the Lightning to USB cable, but it requies a companion app on the computer (so it won’t work on your TV). You can also mirror to the computer using your home network, also with a companion app. In most cases the same one that works with the cable. Most apps use AirPlay to do this.

There are a few other variations involving AirPlay, but these are the main methods of getting your iPad content to show on a bigger screen.

Stream: App outputs it’s audio/video to the TV/computer instead of displahying it locally.

Mirror: The iPad’s screen is mirrored to the TV/Computer.

AirPlay: Apples service that streams media via the local network. Needs all Apple devices, or compation apps on third party computers.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts