What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect iPad2 to Samsung LA40M81BX/RAD television

kaz1963

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought cables to hook up my iPad2 to my television. It's a Samsung LA40M81BX/RAD (LCD).

I haven't bought the HDMI adaptor / cable (in retrospect I should have) but instead bought AV cable / 2RCA(audio) cables. I hooked this up to the tv last night but my tv doesn't seem to cope with the iPAD2 resolution?? I get a message saying the mode is not supported. Is this because my tv is just not up to the iPad2 resolution? If I bought the HDMI adaptor / cable would I still get this problem?

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think so. If you HDMI in on the TV then buy the HDMI from an Apple store. If it does not work you can return it. I have a JVC LCD with HDMI in. Just hooked it to the iPad and the TV and nothing to set and it worked first shot, simple.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using iPF

donnabowen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, do you have to use a Hdmi to use your ipad2 on the television as on the advert it looks like its wireless????

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donnabowen said:
Hi, do you have to use a Hdmi to use your ipad2 on the television as on the advert it looks like its wireless????

Hello DonnaBowen,

The wireless solution is achieved with an Apple TV. Alternatively as mentioned elsewhere in this thread you can mirror your iPad using an HDMI cable (requires an iPad HDMI adaptor).

Most reactions

Latest posts