What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pls help :)

Tangboxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All
I bought an Ipad 1 from the USA (Im from australia) about 6-8 months ago
When I got it, it was already jailbroken with alot of apps on it.
Anyways as time goes by more and more updates are available but i cannot update any apps as it keeps asking for the password for a itunes account that is not me from america.
I have changed it to my Itunes account in settings and I can download new apps but as soon as an update is there again it asked for his password.

What Can I do to fix this issue - Should I just restore the whole thing?
If yes is it as simple as plugging into Itunes and hitting restore?
Thanks
Tangboxx

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If those apps were bought using someone else's account then unfortunately you won't be able to update them, you can of course delete them and buy them yourself.

The Archangel

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just do a restore and redownload apps that you purchased. Otherwise you won't be able to use the update all feature. If you keep it how it is, you have to update the apps YOU bought individually from the update list.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
T

Tangboxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i would love to be able to update my apps but not even that works if i go into the update list and choose ones that were downloaded from my account it still asked for his password?
should i just restore the whole thing and start again?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your iPad linked to the old account or the new one? The iPad itself stores details of the one iTunes account it is linked to. It cannot be linked to two at once.

Tim

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If he was able to dl apps, then he has his own account with a password he knows.

OP
T

Tangboxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the Ipad is linked to my account
Does it matter that my account is an Australian account? and his is US?
It just comes up with his email address when i try to update anything.
Im just going to restore it.
Do I just put it on computer and hit restore or do i need to do something different?

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tangboxx said:
the Ipad is linked to my account
Does it matter that my account is an Australian account? and his is US?
It just comes up with his email address when i try to update anything.
Im just going to restore it.
Do I just put it on computer and hit restore or do i need to do something different?

You can do it directly from iPad. Go to settings app > General > Reset all contents and settings. This will make it a fresh out of the box iPad and you will have to connect it to iTunes via USB cable to activate it. After it's setup, go to the app store on iPad > purchased > make sure all is selected on top. iPad will show all iPad related apps that are linked to your account. iPhone button will show iPhone related apps (apps not converted for iPad). Click on the cloud button to redownload the apps. If you need more help, don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts