What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I Jailbreak??

lukegorman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lukegorman said:
Hi, I understand your concern about me asking others to contact me, what I meant was that I'd reply to the thread with a guide, as I'm not currently near my PC at the minute which contains the webpage that the information is on. I will post it tomorrow when I have time for you to carry out further analysis.

Thank you.

Also, there is no requirement for blobs in this guide.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I've only been jailbreaking Apple devices for the last 5 years or so, so what do I know? ;)
I look forward to seeing this miracle method posted tomorrow...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think he's referring to this method:

But that clearly says at the start...

"So long as you’ve saved the SHSH blobs of the firmware you wish to downgrade to (Cydia’s homepage will notify you – as shown below), then you can quickly remove yourself from what is fast becoming a fiasco of an iOS 5 release."

You MUST have SHSH Blobs.

He says he has a method to get to 5.0.1 which does NOT require SHSH Blobs. I contend this is impossible. :)

And by the way, we have much better tutorials than that in our hacking section :)

lukegorman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, I checked the site again, and I didn't see the first two words of the entire paragraph mentioning blobs, as well I have seen no other guide showing without blobs. I admit, I am wrong and misinterpreted it.

No need to have a go at me, I have realised my mistake and I am sorry.

Most reactions