What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I Jailbreak??

Drarrinz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I recently got my Clamcase for my ipad and I was wondering should I jailbeak my iPad to get mouse support So I can pair my Magic Mouse with it. I do have apple care for t so would it void? And will it slow down/ take up space on my ipad?

Thanks!

jtrill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just experience, jailbreaking is kind of a pain. everytime apple comes out with a new iOS update you have to wait for a jailbreak to come out and actually re-jailbreaking it everytime that happens. but it all depends on how badly you want jailbreak features. - tradeoffs....

Max Death

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ran jailbreak on my IPad 1 for years but I needed some features that were only available that way. As jtrill stated jailbreak is kind
of a pain since you have to jailbreak then wait for a new jailbreak while everyone is touting the laurels of the new IOS.
I say if you need features that only a jailbreak can give you then go for it, otherwise live with the standard IOS.
Remember a jailbreak can't ruin your IPad and is easy to reverse.

f.banapoor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question - If i jailbreak my ipad 2 for mobile tethering and a new ios update comes out, and i accept it, will it unjailbreak me?, like take out cydia and all that, and if it does can i just jailbreak it again when a new software comes out?

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f.banapoor said:
I have a question - If i jailbreak my ipad 2 for mobile tethering and a new ios update comes out, and i accept it, will it unjailbreak me?, like take out cydia and all that, and if it does can i just jailbreak it again when a new software comes out?

Yes it will. Updates from apple are very likely to patch the exploit for security reasons. You should always upgrade at majot releases like ios4 to ios5 and so on

ssilver10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have previously jailbroken my iPad 2 and iPod Touch 4th Gen. Let me tell you that they had durastically gotten slower and would not open apps like the new Angry Birds Space and the popular Draw Something. If you were really looking to use a mouse with your iPad, you should have looked into a MacBook or Laptop. The jailbreak will not void your warranty. I know this from previous experience. You could always check your warranty status by going here > http://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do .

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a jail broken iPhone 4S and iPad 2. Both work just fine. I've themed the heck out of my 4S. One thing I do not do is add anything from a repo the promotes cracked or pirated apps. Everything I've added via Cydia works well. YMMV

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's your choice not ours here are some of the big things not getting into little things

Pros: basicly do what ever you want to your spring board and like you said the thing with the mouse

Cons: voids warranty apple stores can refuse your product can't update when new iOS comes out witch you can but yo loos your jailbreak

lukegorman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help! Also, does anyone know of a jailbreak for ios 5.1 on ipad 2 or ipod 4g UNTETHERED?

I'm looking for this on my iPad 1. Knew I shouldn't of updated to 5.1, but if I didnt, my iPad would be sat like a brick (because I messed up a system file - my own fault). Also very stupidly, I didn't store any SHSH Blobs either, so I can't downgrade to 5.0.1 :(

It's great to hear they are developing one now though for 5.1, so there should be one soon!

lukegorman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would you be willing to downgrade to 5.0.1? If so, I can give you the link to downgrade to 5.0.1 then jailbreak as usual from there. Note that SHSH Blobs are NOT required for the downgrade.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Would you be willing to downgrade to 5.0.1? If so, I can give you the link to downgrade to 5.0.1 then jailbreak as usual from there. Note that SHSH Blobs are NOT required for the downgrade.

This is the second time today you have posted that SHSH Blobs are not required for a downgrade. This is not possible on 5.0.1. If you have a method please post it so it can be analysed, rather than getting folks to contact you. Otherwise this is going to be considered as trolling. OK?

You were previously jailbroken and no doubt have blobs saved on Cydia before you updated to 5.1 from the sounds of it...

Last edited:

lukegorman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I understand your concern about me asking others to contact me, what I meant was that I'd reply to the thread with a guide, as I'm not currently near my PC at the minute which contains the webpage that the information is on. I will post it tomorrow when I have time for you to carry out further analysis.

Thank you.

Most reactions

Latest posts