What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should i buy the new ipad3 ?

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the new iPad to replace my iPad 1. I use it for general browsing and email. Plus I use it for remote access to my pc, I also watch the football on sky on it. It doesn't get hot that I notice, it doesn't have wifi issues or leak/blend light from the edge of the screen. It's just like my original iPad but better.

All good for me despite the media saying people are having problems I've not had any myself.

Sent from my iPad 3

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
reni90 said:
i am student and need to have some pdf documents on my ipad
but i dont know how to download them
i find the files with safari, and i can open them in safari but i dont know how to download them on my ipad :S
Also, is there any free msn app witch can do video chat?

I use iBooks to view my PDF files.

missly03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have always protected my devices with ZAGG invisibleshield. I love that thing to death because I know that it is protecting my devices from scratches and normally wear and tear.The one thing that I didn't really like about it was the orange peel effect, but they just released a HD version for the retina display, so I'm still waiting for it. I'm sure the ipad glass is made of good material, but being an anal freak like myself, it's always a good idea to pay a little to protect your investment.

Last edited:

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
missly03 said:
I have always protected my devices with ZAGG invisibleshield. I love that thing to death because I know that it is protecting my devices from scratches and normally wear and tear.The one thing that I didn't really like about it was the orange peel effect, but they just released a HD version for the retina display, so I'm still waiting for it. I'm sure the glass is made of good material, but it's still a good idea to pay a little to protect your investment.

It's an outrageous price for a piece of plastic that has never been shown to protect screens in a significant way. Just my opinion on this, it's similar to how monster cables were sold for crazy prices and work almost as well as coathanger wire.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes! Is that clear enough. I never realised how very slow my iPad was getting until the 3 was in my hands. Wow! No wifi issues, no bleeding issues, no dead pixels, no nothing! Just speed! With everything! My iPad 1 never had screen protection except the Apple cover that came with it. I think it's up to the owner how scratched it will become. I treated my iPad with the respect it deserved, I always placed it away from the kids, animals etc... It went into my bag to go shopping, to work (I work at school) etc... Still has no scratch on it that I can see! My daughter has it now so will be interesting how well she looks after it. Teenager!
If you can afford it (I can't but still got it, there are ways!) buy it, you won't regret it!

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

missly03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually it has proven to protect my devices from scratches. My sister and I bought both an ipad 2 at the same time and I sold my ipad for way more than she did because my ipad screen was protected by the invisibleshield, not even a single scratch on the screen+back. I mean if you are going to spend hundreds of dollars on a device, what is another $20-30 to protect it? but that's just opinion.

Last edited:

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
missly03 said:
Actually it has proven to protect my devices from scratches. My sister and I bought both an ipad 2 at the same time and I sold my ipad for way more than she did because my ipad screen was protected by the invisibleshield, not even a single scratch on the screen+back. I mean if you are going to spend hundreds of dollars on a device, what is another $20-30 to protect it? but that's just opinion.

I really do not want to crusade on the topic, but after dropping my iPhone onto tile floor more than 10 times now in the time I've had it and never having a screen protector on it the screen is still perfect. I just don't want people to have the mistaken impression that the screens on these things are so fragile that a finger nail will scratch it, because it won't. That's all folks.

In any case the devices are a marvelous technology and as you say, if kept in good shape have a great resale value.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've dropped my iPhone 4 a couple of times. No sign of damage either.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

OP
R

reni90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i bought camera connection kid 5+1, with usb and sd card slot
but its not workin. when i put an usb it says its using to much power, andif i insert a sd card nothing happens

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reni90 said:
but its not workin. when i put an usb it says its using to much power, andif i insert a sd card nothing happens

Sounds like you should ask for a refund... I'm assuming this isn't the official apple CCK? I find my old belkin reader works with the USB connection, but only enough power for the first slot, which happens to be the CF slot, will work. I've never plugged a camera into it directly. For my other cameras I drop the sd card straight into the sd reader.

You may find a combined reader has the SD slot as the second slot and therefore you'll hit the same problems?

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reni90 said:
My iPad camera connection kit works wonders :)

OP
R

reni90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maybe when the jailbreak comes out it will work with that :(

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The camera connection kit does not work with all SD cards. It also will only download photos that are in supported formats.

Most reactions