What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should i bring my Ipad to New Zealand..

kpaxsg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, i am from Singapore and planning a trip to the south islands, NZ next week. Should i bring the Ipad along? will the data roam charges be very high? Is there a way to buy a prepaid micro sim card when i reaches there? Please advise...many thanks!

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not?
I take my iPad anywhere, wherever I go.
I don't use 3G when abroad though. I've found that in many places there's free WiFi available, so whenever I have the opportunity, I download mails etc. via WiFi.

So, taking it along and using free WiFi for the internet-connection is still better than leaving it at home and not having any web-access at all.

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last month, my wife and I visited Montreal. The only access I had was wifi. The hotel provided a good signal so my thought, take your iPad. You'll be sorry if you don't.

Mike

Most reactions

Latest posts