What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"the new" iPad 3G network question

Dg1988

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, this is most likely a quick no...

If I was say to buy an iPad3 in Singapore in July and got the 16gb with 3G can I then bring it back and put a voda uk sim (micro obviously) would I be able to use the data connection?

The new iPad is almost £100 cheaper after they refund tax at the airport etc so planning on grabbing a bargain! Just wondered if it would worth getting the 3G model as if it's only going to work with a Singaporean sim card! Also are there settings that can be configured to other data providers? Are they locked to networks as such??

Thanks in advance

Dan

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dg1988 said:
Hi, this is most likely a quick no...

If I was say to buy an iPad3 in Singapore in July and got the 16gb with 3G can I then bring it back and put a voda uk sim (micro obviously) would I be able to use the data connection?

The new iPad is almost £100 cheaper after they refund tax at the airport etc so planning on grabbing a bargain! Just wondered if it would worth getting the 3G model as if it's only going to work with a Singaporean sim card! Also are there settings that can be configured to other data providers? Are they locked to networks as such??

Thanks in advance

Dan

You should have no problem using the iPad on 3G in the UK.All you have to do is set up a data plan with your cellular service provider.Ipads are not locked to a particular carrier.

Most reactions

Latest posts