What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharing a movie

cuencageek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I created a movie in Ecuador using my IPad Camera. It is 5 minutes and 10 gb in length. Any suggestions on how to share the movie with a friend in the U.S.?

I do have the IMovie App on my IPad. Is uploading to YouTube an option ?

How to I deal with the large file size?

Gracias

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
10 GB for 5 minutes? Are you sure? A standard DVD only holds about 4 GB of data.

At any rate, if you plug your iPad into a computer (Windows or Linux) you should be able to see it mount as a USB drive. Go into the folder structure and look in the DCMI folder. The video will probably be in a subfolder. You can copy it to he computer and do all the usual things with it there.

If you don't have a computer, and the file really is too big to send to YouTube directly from the Photo app, then iMovie might help. If you use iMovie to cut unwanted scenes and then export to YouTube you can choose to upload it as a smaller size: Medium instead of , Large or HD. Both will help reduce the size of the upload.

Be sure to do it when you have a good internet connection. I don't recommend trying to upload large movies on the cell phone network.

Most reactions

Latest posts