What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting up itunes account on a rebuilt computer

Carlloch90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gee I hope you guys can help me? My computer got a virus the other day and I had to do a compete windows 7 reinstall. NOT HAPPY JAN.:mad:
Anyway my i-tunes account needs to be put back on the same pc. I see that I-tunes only give you 5 transfers to another pc on your account. Is there a way around this so I don't use up my account transfers? Or do I just have to suck it up and wear it on the chin? And how do i transfer my stuff on my ipad back to the itunes account PLEASE HELP

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see that I-tunes only give you 5 transfers to another pc on your account. Is there a way around this so I don't use up my account transfers?
I believe this means you can only have 5 computers tied to one account, so unless you are already at the limit, you won't have any issues with your fresh install of iTunes.

And how do i transfer my stuff on my ipad back to the itunes account PLEASE HELP
Here is some information from the Apple website that could be helpful in terms of transferring the content of your iPad into the new copy of iTunes -- iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to a computer

Last edited:

Moonchaser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.moonchasersoftware.com
Gee I hope you guys can help me? My computer got a virus the other day and I had to do a compete windows 7 reinstall. NOT HAPPY JAN.:mad:
Anyway my i-tunes account needs to be put back on the same pc. I see that I-tunes only give you 5 transfers to another pc on your account. Is there a way around this so I don't use up my account transfers? Or do I just have to suck it up and wear it on the chin? And how do i transfer my stuff on my ipad back to the itunes account PLEASE HELP

If you reinstalled on the same computer, then it won't take up a "slot". Remember that those "slots" are the number of computers that can be authorized for an iTunes account at the same time. You can remove old computers that you no longer use to free up space as needed.

The easiest way to remove a computer authorization is to log in from the old computer and press the "De-authorize this computer" from the store menu. If you can't do that (i.e. you no longer have the computer or it no longer boots) you can de-authorize all your computers (then authorize the good computers). Read this detailed KB article from Apple.

Most reactions