What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Desktop Computer

treyinga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,

I love my IPAD with all my heart, but I Tunes is a whole nother story.

I have purchased a new desktop and wanted to transfer my I Tunes. I did a DVD back up (will not let you to thumb or extrenal drive for whatever reason) and there was a problem when trying to load it.

I want the best way to take my I tunes just the way it is, ( I obviously will rehook up my old computer) and get it to my new desktop. When I tried to hook up today it wanted to erase and redo my IPAD and I don't want that. If I do transfer purchases, that is only the songs I got from I Tunes and to be honest they are much cheaper on Amazon.

Any links or references on the easiest way to transition would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

I couldn't agree more about iTunes - it wins the prize, in my book, for the most appallingly designed piece of software ever invented. Truly atrocious - so I simply never use it - ever! I had to connect my iPad day one - no choice - but that was enough and I've never connected them since then and had no trouble whatsoever....

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
T

treyinga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, thanks Tim. Loving the forum. Is there another program you use instead to sync your stuff? I know it is backing up my games, but I love love love my music.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a good article to help you in transferring an iTunes account to another computer:

Transferring Your iTunes Library

It's getting a little outdated now (Sep 2009), but I used it successfully in going from a Windows XP SP3 system to a Windows 7 64-bit system about 8 months ago. Still have it bookmarked now, just in case...

It's also got some good pointers in how to keep iTunes running smoothly.

Good luck in your iTunes move!

Marilyn

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wonder if a simple image backup of iTunes would work. There are lots of free programs out there to make image backups but I've never tried so I could be way off on this one.

Most reactions

Latest posts