What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipads calendar

Ajooba1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my native iPad calendars synced with googles calendar. I can only set up 2 alarms/ notifications. Is there a way to set up 5 alarms just like I can do it in googles online calendar?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. I've tried.

My work around was to set up multiple events. This works pretty well, as long as you were not trying to setup five alarms for the same day. I was dong week before, day before, and hour before style alarms. So I just set my week before alarm up as a separate event.

The only other thing you can do is set it up using Safari to go to the Google Calendar. If you set it to send email notifications that will work, as long as you keep an eye on yoru email. Just be aware than only the first two notifications will sync to the iPad.

If they sync. You may want to experiment. I was trying this with more than one client at the time, and I seem to remember some events with more than two alarms not syncing at all.

OP
A

Ajooba1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
No. I've tried.

My work around was to set up multiple events. This works pretty well, as long as you were not trying to setup five alarms for the same day. I was dong week before, day before, and hour before style alarms. So I just set my week before alarm up as a separate event.

The only other thing you can do is set it up using Safari to go to the Google Calendar. If you set it to send email notifications that will work, as long as you keep an eye on yoru email. Just be aware than only the first two notifications will sync to the iPad.

If they sync. You may want to experiment. I was trying this with more than one client at the time, and I seem to remember some events with more than two alarms not syncing at all.

Hey thanx for the response, I understand your workaround. I also wanted to tell you that there is an app with five alarms, it's called Readdle Calendars. And I have been using that for a while but recently it has a bug that is causing it not to ring the local notifications. Although the events do show up properly on the calendars. I guess that's what happens using a third party app, one day they are reliable and the next day that are not.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ajooba1982 said:
Hey thanx for the response, I understand your workaround. I also wanted to tell you that there is an app with five alarms, it's called Readdle Calendars. And I have been using that for a while but recently it has a bug that is causing it not to ring the local notifications. Although the events do show up properly on the calendars. I guess that's what happens using a third party app, one day they are reliable and the next day that are not.

Readdle has a good reputation. I'm sure they will fix it soon.

I've seen some recommendations for Readdle calendar, but haven't needed the features so I chug along with the built in apps. I have also been tempted by Pocket Informant, but put off trying it for the same reason.

OP
A

Ajooba1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Readdle has a good reputation. I'm sure they will fix it soon.

I've seen some recommendations for Readdle calendar, but haven't needed the features so I chug along with the built in apps. I have also been tempted by Pocket Informant, but put off trying it for the same reason.

I agree. I love Readdle. I did contact them and they said that they are in the process of fixing them and It should happen within 2 weeks. I thought about pocket informant too, but their price is ridiculous.

Most reactions

Latest posts