What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sent from my car!

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's actually really simple if you find the right guide....sorry I don't know anything about the nexus one.

gregg37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's actually really simple if you find the right guide....sorry I don't know anything about the nexus one.

Yea like i said it did seem really easy, it just failed. I'll use "quality time" at work tomorrow to compare and contrast a few different guides. If anyone else has a Nexus and is interested in nmy "idiots guide" when i figure it out, i'll be glad to share.

Hankrut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tethering

can you tell me how you did this, I have a Verizon
blackberry and a 32g iPad wifi would love tobe able to do this...thanks in advance.

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
Nexus user here, very much interested! I've got it rooted and tether running but it never seems to connect...I'll probably leave that for another day.

Yea like i said it did seem really easy, it just failed. I'll use "quality time" at work tomorrow to compare and contrast a few different guides. If anyone else has a Nexus and is interested in nmy "idiots guide" when i figure it out, i'll be glad to share.

gregg37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nexus user here, very much interested! I've got it rooted and tether running but it never seems to connect...I'll probably leave that for another day.

Well, you're a step ahead of me. I can't get it to root...trouble with the USB driver install. Wondering if it's a windows 7 on the desktop thing. I'll try it on my laptop tomorrow instead.

brandonhd

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Try android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

DanaNgidhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been thinking about purchasing a Nexus One for this exact reason and so I can switch back and forth from the iPhone. Please let me know once you get this working!

Yep, I'd love to do this from the Nexus One. Please send a link or instructions or just a rough hint as of how to do this. It's not a physical tether, but rather something wireless, correct?

I'd prefer to not root or jailbreak, but am always up for experimentation if necesary.

Dan: Would you please explain what tetering is?? Thanks.Dana

AZRaptor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm planning to do the same thing with my Droid/iPad combo, but unfortunately I let my Droid update to Android OS 2.1 last week. Apparently ver 2.1 has not been rooted yet, and I'm not interested in doing the risky thing of going back to 2.0.1 then rooting then going to 2.1.

I've got Barnacle downloaded and waiting on my Droid. It works like the other tethering app but doesn't require a special ROM.

Dana,

Tethering is being able to use your cell phone as an access point (either wired or wireless) to access the internet over the cellular service. The setup involves rooting the phone so the tethering app has a higher level of access to the phone components. Once the application has that access it can listen tell your phone to listen to it's WiFi connection for any devices. When your iPad searches for a wireless network it will see your phone as an access point just like the access point you probably have at home. Once the iPad connects to your phone, you are "tethered" and any internet access you iPad tries to make will go to the phone via WiFi and then out over the phone's 3G connection.

Most reactions

Latest posts