What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sending emails from ipad?

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
is there some setting I need to make to enable ipad to send mail? I seem to receive mail ok ( although it sometimes takes a long time to appear compared to PC!) but when I try to send an email I get a message saying "the sender address was rejected by the server"
my isp is BT & my email address is ************@btinternet.com.
I will try it the reverse direction - ie from PC to ipad & see if that works!

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK, I just tried pc to ipad - works ok! - I can see the email in both pc's email program ( windows live mail) AND ipads. So Im geussing the problem is with ipad?
any gurus have any ideas to try?
I have to say, I never thought the ipad would be so difficult to use!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Missmouse - well, the iPad is a computer and there is a 'learning curve' which takes a little time; if not already done I would suggest reviewing the iPad Manual (HERE) for information on the setting up and using the mail app on the device; the PDF file can be downloaded to your iPad for easy reference (iBooks is a nice app for reading PDFs).

Also check out this Apple Support article HERE for a checklist summary on the same topic - from your description your iPad mail setup may be the issue - incoming mail is handled usually by a POP3 (Post Office Protocol) server and outgoing mail by a SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) server; the latter seems to be the problem you are experiencing - please determine if any of this information is helpful; if not, post back for further suggestions - good luck! :)

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That was the problem! Thanks very much! now I can send & receive email on ipad - another use for it! lol!

Most reactions

Latest posts