What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Showing incorrect "From" name on my outgoing emails

griFFo55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this forum and have an iPad Air for the very first time - so please bear with me if this is a stupid question or one that has been asked many times before.

I was using BT Yahoo for my email via desktop but they recently switched to BT Mail, using the same email address (@btinternet.com)

I started off using my iPad when I was with BT Yahoo but I think I have messed something up in my iPad when my email changed to BT Mail - as now when emails are sent from the iPad instead of showing my name as the "From" party it shows BT Mail as the "From" party:

also (see attached image if I have done this correctly)

and it should show:

Could someone please explain in "simple terms and steps" how to correct this.

Thank you in advance,

Noel
Staffordshire, England

Attachments

• iPad_From.png
    iPad_From.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 255

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Noel! Welcome to iPF!

From your screenshot, it looks as if you don't use the built in Mail app, but a different one, or you access the email account through a browser. If it's the latter, you can change this in your profile. That's different in every email account, so I can't tell you exactly where you have to look at, but in general you'll find it at the top (maybe right side?), and you usually will see the "head" next to your (wrong) name. If you tap it, you should be able to see and edit your profile.

If you use an app, try to access the account through a browser. Most email apps don't allow to change profile information.

Hope that helps.

OP
griFFo55

griFFo55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Joanna A,

Thanks for the reply. As you are about to find out I am not the fastest chip on the motherboard....

I kinda understand what you are saying and when I get home I will be able to work with my iPad as i dont have it at work.

Meantime just to clarify. You say I may need to make changes in "My Profile". Where exactly do I start looking for My Profile in order to make the changes?

I presume it has to be related to the email account - but maybe you could use an example to explain typically how i would get to where I need to make the changes.

Thanks,

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried changing the name on my account in Settings (to include deleting the account and starting again. No go.

So, I'm pretty sure you will have to go into the web interface (on your computer) and change the details on your BT account. The iPad mirrors what is on your account and you can't change it on the iPad, either from within Mail or in the Settings.

Sorry, but that's all I can come up with.

Marilyn

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope this will help:
Open Safari on your iPad (can also be done on a computer), login to your email account. You'll find the icon I showed in my last post somewhere.
Tap it. In my Yahoo account, I first had to select "Profile" to get where I wanted, then "Account Info" from the settings icon on the next page. That will show my profile. All I'd have to do now is edit the information. See my screenshots.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 330
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 306
OP
griFFo55

griFFo55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Johanna A and Marilyn. I will see what I can do this evening.

Thanks again both,

Most reactions

Latest posts