What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selling ipad with cydia installed!

Smooth65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I am selling my iPad 1. Jailbroken cydia installed. I have purchased items through cydia. How do I disable so that the new owner will not have access to already purchased apps? Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AFAIK, Jay does not offer this service for Cydia, but that info may be out of date. There is certainly no facility in the app or associated website to manage your devices.

I suggest you contact him directly via email at - [email protected]

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Am I wrong in thinking you can click on 'installed' then each item, click on 'modify' then 'remove'

The only bit you would need to sort out is the bank account that is linked to your Cydia account.....I know it's password protected but that's never safe!!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't work like that Rambler. The UDID of your device is stored on Cydia servers against your account. Even if you do a fresh restore of IOS and never provide your Google or FaceBook ID to Cydia on a clean install, if it recognises your UDID it will allow you to restore your previous purchases. Of course you cant buy anything else unless you log in, but you can install what you own without providing your details. It is a bit of a loophole which is balanced with the convenience factor for the many more people that will never sell on their devices...

Most reactions

Latest posts