What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking Feedback: Incase Convertible Book Jacket

Dunatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After a few months with my Incase iPad case, I have a few complaints about it. The iPad slips out of it really easy now, the slots do not line up, I took a razor knife to them to line them up, the corners REALLY need to be covered! I have two dings in the corners of my ipad from my kids dropping it. Both times it got dropped the case was closed and the strap was around it to keep it closed.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After a few months with my Incase iPad case, I have a few complaints about it. The iPad slips out of it really easy now, the slots do not line up, I took a razor knife to them to line them up, the corners REALLY need to be covered! I have two dings in the corners of my ipad from my kids dropping it. Both times it got dropped the case was closed and the strap was around it to keep it closed.

That can be fixed with a couple of tabs of Velcro. Many of the cases have this problem and this should stop the ipad from slipping out.

Al

Dunatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was already thinking that, I am going to find a gel case or something that covers the corners and then put it in the incase.

Kevrut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A friend of mine got the Dodo case. Maybe he just got a bad one, but it was slightly warped when he got it. The iPad doesn't fit snug and there is no retention system when the case is open. I was hopeful when the case was announced, because I love the Moleskine notebooks. This case just didn't feel like a quality product. It also added to the overall bulk a bit too much.

Right now I'm using the apple case. While it looks a bit cheap, I've found the quality and fit are great. It functions well and hardly adds any bulk. I'd love to find a nice leather equivelant.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently got the incase and it has been updated there is now a small, soft latch that velcros to the frame that holds the iPad in the space. We have one older version and now this so it's a definite update and works perfectly. The corners are deeper and the frame seems firmer, but that might just be newness. The grooves are in different graduations, almost reversed from the previous version. I'm happy with the changes. Too bad there's only black.

mayo

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I contacted Incase based on a recommendation in this post, and they had me do an online RMA. They replaced my case with a rev 2 model within a week and didn't even want the old one returned. I've had the rev 2 a few weeks and no more slippage. There is a 2 inch velcro strap now on the side that was 100% open before, and the slits are a bit bigger at least for the doc port.

PMudditt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the UK Apple stores are now stocking the REV2 case with the Velcro lock as I so miss this case, wish I had done what MAYO did and just got them to replace it under warranty.

KILLERkpd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have that same case. I like it overall, however the part that has 3 indentations to hold the ipad when viewing in landscape bends a little bit so when you close the case, the top bows out a little bit, its hard to ecxplain but I can send pics to anyone interested. The headphone jack has a small piece of leather from the case that is a pain becuase if you do not push the ipad all the way in the case, the small piece of leather covers the headphone jack.

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the case and the top cover bows out, just put the strap when storing and it will flatten it up again.

Ultron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stumbled upon this forum while searching for more reviews on this case. I had the Incase cover for my old MacBook Pro, and because it worked so neatly, I got their Hardshell Case for my newer MBP.

Incase stuff is usually very promising, and that was why I turned to their convertible book jacket first when I was looking for a case.

I live in Hong Kong and got my iPad the day it came out (I was in the Vegas earlier, but wanted to avoid tax - Apple products in Hong Kong are the cheapest, even online). Now, the case is available on the HK Apple Online Store as well.

I'm ready to get it, but I'm afraid of the iPad slipping out issue. So I sent an e-mail asking Incase whether or not they still ship the previous version with the sliding out problem. Hopefully, they're replacing all the Incase convertible book jackets online, but we'll see when they reply.

Most reactions

Latest posts