What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security in safari

tortmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have only had my I pad since Monday and I absolutely love it. I use it like a mini laptop. I do a lot of online shopping paying bills etc and was wondering if there is a firewall program already installed. If not is there something I can download for security.

I am not technical at all so if someone could give me an easy explanation I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did ask is it safe to do what you would do on the laptop such as pay pal banking, things like that and they said it is as safe as using the Internet on the laptop.

Not sure if there is any protection though on the iPad.

apple squid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the WiFi mode, security is more of an issue. I would not conduct any sort of business on a public WiFi without using a virtual private network (VPN). There are several easy to install choices at several price points--I use HotSpotVPN and it was easy to get up and running on my iPad.

There are helpful reviews on VPNs at cnet.com. Hope this helped!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
It is as secure if not more secure than using a normal computer. I would only do banking over WIFI while on your home network though. Same with the ipad and a laptop, if you are on an unsecure wifi network other people can view your network traffic.

Most reactions

Latest posts