What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I-PAD Mini connecting to U-Verse WIFI problem

Travis299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I-PAD Mini fails to connect to WIFI home network using U-Verse. Several laptops and other devices have no problem connecting using the key for a WPA2-Personal secured connection. I have tried automatic and manual, (192.168.1.254), connection but I-PAD Minis fail to connect, (two different I-PADS Mini). Any help/suggestions would be appreciated & thanks. I also spent about an hour online with I-PAD support but they were unable to supply a resolution.

Last edited:

hoben02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my case i had to manually enter the ip address fields and i had to be near the wireless router

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I-PAD Mini fails to connect to WIFI home network using U-Verse. Several laptops and other devices have no problem connecting using the key for a WPA2-Personal secured connection. I have tried automatic and manual, (192.168.1.254), connection but I-PAD Minis fail to connect, (two different I-PADS Mini). Any help/suggestions would be appreciated & thanks. I also spent about an hour online with I-PAD support but they were unable to supply a resolution.

G'day Travis and welcome to the forum.:)
A couple of things you could try if you have not done so already:
1) in the first instance turn off/ uncouple your WiFi/modem unit... Wait about 30 secs. And turn back on.
2) go to Settings>General>WiFi and tap on your Account name with your internet provider (next to blue arrow). Then tap "Forget this Network" and then re-enter your ISP's required info that you had to do when you first set up your internet connection. Hope that helps.
Andrew

From Oz using Tapatalk Pro

OP
T

Travis299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPAD Mini & U-Verse WIFI

I am unable to connect IPAD Minis to my U-Verse WIFI. All other devices connect without any problem after the PASSCODE is entered, Laptops, Kindles, Iphones, Chromecast. 3 IPAD Minis fail to connect. Any help and or suggestions would be appreciated. The IPAD Minis connect to Time Warner WIFI. Thanks

OP
T

Travis299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally figured it out. I had to manually enter the MAC address into the RG, (remote gateway), for the U-Verse router. The RG is accessed through IP 192.168.1.254

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I finally figured it out. I had to manually enter the MAC address into the RG, (remote gateway), for the U-Verse router. The RG is accessed through IP 192.168.1.254

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Woohoo for you, glad you figured it out and thank you for posting back to let us know what did fix your issue.....it may just go on to help another!!

I noticed you had started an earlier thread with this problem and I have now merged these threads so as to keep all info pertaining to your issue together......which is also in keeping with our Forum Rules! ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts