What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security camera app

fernackerpan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Is there anyone that can direct me to an app for my iPad 2 that can look at my security camera on my house while am on holiday?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use iCam, but mainly with generic web cameras on PCs. As long as the camera in question is networked, there are a bunch of apps set-up to access them. Also some brands of cameras have their own iOS app set up to work our of the box. A search of the app store will be the best place to start.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You might also want to check with your security camera service provider. They might be able to advise you on how to set up your camera to view on the Internet.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi
Is there anyone that can direct me to an app for my iPad 2 that can look at my security camera on my house while am on holiday?

Need a bit more info.... Is this just a stand alone camera, or is it connected to the internet somehow? If it's not connected to the internet, then no app will work.

FWIW, I have a DVR that is connected to the net. It has a network cable that plugs in to my router. I can view all my household cameras at any time on my iPad using an app called Microcam.

dmcaip2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using IP Cam Viewer to view my wireless IP cams from both iPad and iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
I am also using iCam as well. I have a Logitech C920 on my Mini that is in the living room, and it covers the 2 enterences into my house. It has a great app on the Mini that is configurable for sending alerts, capturing based on movement detection (how I have it set) and even setting schedules to capture. I do not know if iCam works with existing security cameras, but I know they have a full list of cameras and systems on their site that they support. Start here, there is plenty of info: SKJM - iCam - Support

devsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The icams mainly have generic web cameras on PCs. The camera in question is networked, and there are a bunch of apps set-up to access them.

Most reactions

Latest posts