What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 camera for surveillance/secuirty

chief

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for an app that will allow me to use my ipad 2 camera as a security camera. In a perfect would I would be able to control it with my iphone or another great solution would be when the image the ipad is set on changes then it starts taking pics or video. Pics would be fine to be honest and would tke less space on the device than video.

thanks

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are a couple of apps in the iTunes store that may work for you. Type in "security camera" in the search box in iTunes store. None of these automatically starts the camera on the iPad. iCamViewer requires an IP camera that you monitor with your iOS device.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did it once. Hid and left my iPad running Skype. Used my laptop to communicate with my iPad. Found out why my shoes are all over the place. It's Roomba.

Most reactions