What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seagate GoFlex Satellite/AVPlayerHD Question

RickD_99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had a question for you Seagate GoFlex Satellite users: if you wirelessly connect your iPad to the GFS can the native apps on the iPad "see" the GFS files on the external drive? For example I have the iPad AVPlayerHD app which I use to view video files in mkv format. Assuming I have opened the GFS app and connected to the GFS drive will AVPlayerHD be able to see the files on the drive and allow me to play them? Normally when using AVPlayer HD i have to transfer the mkv files directly from my PC to the iPad.

nucloid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GO Flex

I can't get this app to work with go flex satellite at ALL!! HELP, please -- I like this app, but i have all my movies on the go flex

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The app has to be designed to work with the goflex. If their dont advertise that it will, it very much likely won't. The iPad is not a PC.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RickD_99 said:
Had a question for you Seagate GoFlex Satellite users: if you wirelessly connect your iPad to the GFS can the native apps on the iPad "see" the GFS files on the external drive? For example I have the iPad AVPlayerHD app which I use to view video files in mkv format. Assuming I have opened the GFS app and connected to the GFS drive will AVPlayerHD be able to see the files on the drive and allow me to play them? Normally when using AVPlayer HD i have to transfer the mkv files directly from my PC to the iPad.

My understanding is that you need the GoFlex Media app to access the files. How that interfaces with other apps I am not sure.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I returned mine but when I had it I recalled it only worked with the built in player, though I'm not sure if changes have been made or not. But I know that AV Player HD wants to play files stored in its own space and it won't see any other movie files (I wish it would) since apps on ios live in a walled off garden (pros and cons to this). I do wish they would add support for external movie files because I am considering buy either another goflex of a hyperdrive.

OP: you might consider contacting the developer to ask. If you do, kindly report back what you learn as other may have similar interest.

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My goflex wifi works with buzz player. It's not free, but it works with many video file formats.

Most reactions

Latest posts